- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (Sara used cacao nibs)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup of agave syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, agave and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.